Skylark Meats, an American Foods Group Company, has an opportunity for a Human Resources Manager at our Omaha, NE facility.
If you are looking to advance your career, join the AFG family where you can be a part of providing quality beef products to over 40 countries around the world.
As our Human Resources Manager, you will:
- Strategically deliver all necessary HR services, programs and initiatives aligned with the plant’s business strategy and AFG’s Human Resources strategy. Act as a business partner, strategic solution provider, advisor, and counselor for the plant leadership team.
- Effectively manage, communicate, and build relationships with a culturally diverse workforce from plant hourly associates through the plant supervisory and management team. This relationship needs to be built on significant manufacturing floor presence by the Human Resources team. As part of this relationship, partner with supervisors/managers in handling conflict resolution, corrective and disciplinary actions as well as assist in conducting workplace investigations. Follow “open door” policy. Facilitate communications between English and Spanish speaking employees, both verbal and written.
- Partner with all levels of plant leadership to focus on employee engagement and retention efforts. Be an internal champion for maintaining a plant team effort to positively affect employee turnover. Drive the talent acquisition and training/development process.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement. Coach HR staff to look for improvements in processes for both efficiency and results. Continuously review and evaluate all HR services looking for improvements in consistency, compliance, efficiency and employee retention.
- Manage and maintain legal and company compliance in all HR departmental activities including plant recruitment and hiring steps, I-9 verification, safety and health services reporting (where applicable), training programs, and various reporting requirements. Serve as general advisor on state, federal, and local employment law and government regulations. Specifically, ensure facility compliance with governmental regulations, such as: Affirmative Action (AAPs), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), etc. Oversee benefits administration
American Foods Group, LLC is searching for our new Bi-lingual Human Resources Representative to join the Human Resources team in Green Bay, WI. As the Bi-lingual Human Resources Representative you will serve as a resource for the AFG Human Resources Business Partner to achieve HR operational activities involving plant operations.
Success comes from the ability and desire to work independently and within a team of cross functional professionals who are dedicated to improving employee retention, development, and plant communication. You will need a wide degree of proven leadership capabilities, the ability to shape solid relationships with employees and senior leadership, and the capability to effectively work and communicate with a culturally diverse workforce.
As the American Foods Group Bi-lingual Human Resources Representative, you will:
- Effectively communicate, and be able to support a culturally diverse workforce of 3,500+ employees within AFG
- Assist with conducting workplace investigations, especially matters referred to corporate HR through the company’s Lighthouse hotline. Be able to see identify and escalate trends or issues. Complete initial investigations maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Willing to provide support to the plants in investigations but not limited to other activities. Travel requirement up to 50%.
- Provide verbal interpretation for individual meetings including but not limited to; investigations or supporting our training efforts.
- Translation of written materials as needed for other areas of departments, such as training materials, communication materials, company handbooks, procedures, etc.
- Be responsible for knowledge of day-to-day employee relations activities within our plants including assisting in different internal processes
- Support the HR Director in organizing and retrieving corporate records, reports, policies in OneNote
- Take minutes of the regular Human Resources Department conferences, ensuring the effective communication with the members of the HR team
- Provide support to the Director of HR in other assigned projects as needed