Kings Command Foods, LLC, an American Foods Group Company has an opportunity for a Human Resources Manager at our Versailles, OH facility.
If you are looking to advance your career, join the AFG family where you can be a part of providing quality beef products to over 40 countries around the world.
As our Human Resources Manager, you will:
- Plan and administer policies relating to all phases of human resources activity by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors; employee recruitment & retention, discipline and terminations, and a wide range of HR, Payroll, and Safety duties including work rules and policy interpretations, employee relations, community involvement and HR Policies and procedures
- Interpret and enforce company policies and ensure compliance with Federal and State employment, labor, safety, and environmental (includes OSHA & EPA) regulations
- Develop and implement, with assistance from operations personnel, an operations training program for new hires
- Effectively manage and communicate with a culturally diverse workforce. Requires time spent on plant floor and facilitating communications (verbal and Written) between English and Spanish speaking employees
- Coordinate training programs to ensure legal compliance such as workplace violence, diversity, anti-harassment, Employee Assistance, off and on-site seminars, etc.
- Partner with supervisors/managers in handling conflict resolution, corrective and disciplinary actions as well as assist in conducting workplace investigations
- Manage safety and health services to include filing of accident investigations, audits, attendance at on-site committee meetings, MSDS coordination, hearing conservation and respirator program and assistance with the light duty program
- Non-discriminatory recruitment and selection of production and office personnel. Conduct reference checks, employee orientations, conduct employment authorization verifications, arrange pre-employment drug screens, etc.
- NOTE: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization; these duties are considered marginal
American Foods Group, LLC is searching for our new Bi-lingual Human Resources Representative to join the Human Resources team in Green Bay, WI. As the Bi-lingual Human Resources Representative you will serve as a resource for the AFG Human Resources Business Partner to achieve HR operational activities involving plant operations.
Success comes from the ability and desire to work independently and within a team of cross functional professionals who are dedicated to improving employee retention, development, and plant communication. You will need a wide degree of proven leadership capabilities, the ability to shape solid relationships with employees and senior leadership, and the capability to effectively work and communicate with a culturally diverse workforce.
As the American Foods Group Bi-lingual Human Resources Representative, you will:
- Effectively communicate, and be able to support a culturally diverse workforce of 3,500+ employees within AFG
- Support AFG’s corporate talent acquisition team when needed. This can include traveling to engage in recruiting activities
- Focus heavily on employee retention and engagement; partnering with Operations to improve retention, plant communications, and recruiting
- Assist with conducting workplace investigations, especially matters referred to corporate HR through the company’s Lighthouse hotline. Be able to see identify and escalate trends or issues
- Implement, train, and advise supervisors/managers in handling corrective and disciplinary actions and/or terminations of production employees
- Translate individual meetings including but not limited to; investigations or supporting our training efforts
- Assist with coordination of training programs such as diversity, anti-harassment, etc.
- Be responsible for knowledge of day-to-day employee relations activities within our plants including assisting employees with benefit questions, child support verifications, unemployment filings and hearings, etc.