If you are looking for a fast paced job, we have the job for you!
Gibbon Packing, LLC, an American Foods Group Company looking for an Office Clerk to work in our accounting department. Accounting experience is helpful but we are willing to train the right person. In this position you will work with in house cattle buyers, cattle dispatch, and cattle receivers to correctly receive cattle into the Cattle Payables computer system to correctly pay producers and cattle truckers for cattle freight.
We have great benefits (medical, dental, vision, supplemental insurance, 401K with company match and no vesting schedule, paid holidays, and vacation). We also have an employee meat store with products at a discounted price!
As Cattle Payables Clerk, you will:
- Input paperwork for cattle received into Cattle Payables computer system.
- Calculate freight rates for cattle hauled in.
- Enter new vendors for cattle producers and haulers.
- Call producers/freight haulers for additional information, when needed.
- Communicate with cattle buyers on pricing.
- General office: filing/mail
Skylark Meats, LLC, an American Foods Group Company has an opportunity for an Assistant Controller at our Omaha, NE facility.
If you are looking to advance your career, join the AFG family where you can be a part of providing quality beef products to over 40 countries around the world.
As our Assistant Controller, you will:
- Assist with managing the plant accounting operations to include Product Costing, Inventory Management, General Ledger, A/P and Payroll
- Administer and reconcile the daily, weekly, and monthly financial/cost, P&L, and balance sheet totals
- Provide financial counsel and direction to the plant manager and perform analysis for the plant
- Oversee all balance sheet totals and fixed asset/CIP transactions, reconciling each month
- Work closely with Controller to analyze operating and financial data, resulting in plant improvements
- Oversee and continually review procedures within accounting to streamline the function
- Accurately report daily, weekly, and monthly results, to be reviewed by plant management
- Special projects as assigned by management
NOTE: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization; these duties are considered marginal