American Foods Group, LLC has an opportunity for an Accountant to join our dynamic Accounting team in Green Bay, WI. As an influential member of the Accounting teams, you will find yourself challenged and contributing in a significant way to the success of the business, and you will be rewarded for that success. We offer growth and advancement opportunities that will make this the best and last company you work for.
As our Accountant, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the general ledger to ensure that monthly and annual financial information and reports are available, timely, and accurate
- Assisting in preparation of the month end financial statement
- Performing financial and cost accounting tasks in including month end journal entries and monthly inventory reconciliation
- Maintaining in house accounting systems
- Assisting in the continuous improvement of information quality
- Compiling and analyzing financial reports and records
- Assisting with the development and implementation of systems for general accounting and accounting control procedures
- Performing state sales and use tax reporting
- Preparing quarterly and year-end tax package schedules and monthly inter-company receivable and payable reconciliation & billings
- Coordinating accounting matters with other departments, locations, and divisions
NOTE: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization; these duties are considered marginal.
Internship Dates: Full Time for approximately 12 weeks (May – August 2021)
As a Finance, Accounting, and Credit intern, you will: Gain knowledge and understanding of the business through hands on activities, coaching, and projects. A few learning opportunities include:
- The intricacies of the balance sheet reconciliation process and prepare the monthly balance sheet reconciliations. Understanding month end close activities.
- Basics of daily cash management
- Various activities in plant accounting to include cattle procurement, A/P, daily estimates, margin reporting, yields, intercompany, inventory, and packaging.
- Reverse, adjust, and correct journal entries.
- Actively monitor customer accounts to keep track of their credit limit and aging of their orders while analyzing their financial statements to assess risk.
- Utilize an ERP system to perform activities efficiently
- Gain and understanding of management reporting and assist in the creation of reporting.
Green Bay Dressed Beef, LLC, an American Foods Group Company has an opportunity for Payroll Administrator at our Acme Street location in Green Bay, WI.
If you are looking to advance your career, join the AFG family where you can be a part of providing quality beef products to over 40 countries around the world
As our Payroll Administrator, you will:
- Manage weekly, bi-weekly, and supplemental payrolls, including garnishments, benefits and taxes consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Ensure all Company payrolls are processed accurately and in accordance with corporate, local, state, and federal laws and regulations for Green Bay facilities (Acme, East River & Northland).
- Recommend and implement time and cost savings improvements wherever possible.
- Manage preparation of reports including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, PTO accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.).
- Reconcile withheld taxes and gross earnings for quarterly tax reporting and annual W-2 processing.
- Approve the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Audit W-4s, payroll balance sheets, YTD earnings, etc.
- Ensure systems are set-up and updated to reflect current employee base, including wages, benefits, PTO and/or vacation time (in line with contracts if applicable).
- Calculate timecards, posting, and coding wages, direct deposit processing, voiding checks, issuing manual checks, and benefits administration.
- Balance the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Make required changes to employee information such as change of address, withholding or regular deductions.
- Process child support deductions and garnishments.
- Oversee the calculation, reconciliation, and auditing of premium statements for all group insurance policies and maintain statistical data relative to premiums, claims and costs.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Communicate actively with Operations, Human Resources, and Accounting to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing.
- Assists Plant Controllers in preparation of government reports and forms.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provide internal "customer service" to employees, supervisors, and managers, in responding to inquiries and in the resolution of issues and problems to ensure the integrity of human resource, payroll, and benefit records and systems.
- Other duties as assigned.