Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Search all career opportunities or use the search options below to find opportunities specific to your career interests.
CURRENT EMPLOYEES: click HERE for the Employee Career Center
View CALIHAN PORK opportunities HERE
View INTERNSHIP opportunities HERE
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Cimpl’s Meats, LLC, an American Foods Group Company has an opportunity for a Plant Controller at our Yankton, SD plant.
As a Plant Controller you will:
- Provide direction for plant accounting operations:
- Perform various month end close and year end duties including audit support.
- Provide monthly variance analysis versus 1) estimate or forecast, 2) budget, 3) prior year.
- Perform cost accounting duties (yields, product costing, labor standards).
- Understand internal customer requirements and provide necessary support.
- Partner and Support plant VP of Ops, Plant Managers, Department Managers, and functional department leaders:
- Business decision support.
- Capex analysis and justification.
- Cost control support.
- Budget and forecast.
- Proactively support plant accounting team through cross training and personal working knowledge of all positions.
- Personnel development of plant accounting team.
- Enforce financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintain systems, reporting processes, controls, and ongoing financial modeling.
- Areas of expertise:
- Cost/managerial accounting.
- Product knowledge.
- Process improvement.
- Lean manufacturing.
- NOTE: this description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization; these duties are considered marginal.