Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Search all career opportunities or use the search options below to find opportunities specific to your career interests.
CURRENT EMPLOYEES: click HERE for the Employee Career Center
View CALIHAN PORK opportunities HERE
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
American Foods Group, LLC has an opportunity for a Food Safety Coordinator to join our growing and dynamic Food Safety and Quality Assurance Department at our Gibbon, NE facility. You must demonstrate assertiveness and can work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment with a dedication to food safety and quality. The ideal candidate will complete necessary training to become the Safe Quality Foods (SQF) Practitioner for the facility.
As Food Safety Coordinator, you will:
- Develop and lead the implementation of the Safety Quality Food (SQF) system at the facility.
- Review and approve all SQF documents.
- Coordinate monthly SQF meetings as fitting with the Food Safety Team and the Food Quality Team to discuss and report issues, concerns, and improvements to maintain the integrity of the SQF system.
- Responsible for overseeing the employee training processes to ensure the successful completion and implementation of all required trainings.
- Responsible for staying current on all SQF updates and changes and communicating these changes to the Food Safety and Food Quality Team.
- Responsible for validating changes to the SQF system as they apply to producing safe food.
- Maintain records and data from product quality micro data, finished product testing results, shelf life data, water quality, and intervention validation data.
- Be required to communicate and work together with management and production workers to develop and maintain systems that promote quality.
- Provide back up for food safety and QA Manager.
- NOTE: this description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization; these duties are considered marginal.
American Foods Group, LLC has an opportunity for a Public Health Veterinarian and Food Safety Director to join our Green Bay, WI team.
Our Public Health Veterinarian (PHV) and Food Safety Director is responsible for providing strategic direction and management of QA/Food Safety, regulatory compliances, and animal welfare for the beef slaughter facilities at American Foods Group. This individual works closely with local and regional USDA/FSIS, AMS authorities, customer representatives, third-party auditors, plant management, and executive corporate management to ensure program and regulatory compliance.
- Maintain a strong Quality Management system through the beef slaughter plans.
- Train Quality Assurance Managers in updating, maintaining, and implementing pertinent regulatory documents and records, product specifications, quality assurance records, and quality assurance personnel records/ files.
- Up-date, modify and revise AMS School Lunch and Export programs and Animal Welfare and Food Safety policies and procedures.
- Enforce and monitor HACCP, SSOP, GMP, SRM, and Animal Welfare programs for products manufactured at American Foods Group slaughter plants.
- Develop programs and procedures that uphold the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service’s (FSIS’) American Foods Group commitment to ensure food safety.
- Establish and monitor our product's acceptance criteria and control the disposition of nonconforming products.
- Assure all products produced in the plants meet or exceed customer requirements for food safety and quality.
- Confers with management, customers, and other representatives in the planning, scheduling, coordinating, and enforcing the quality assurance program in conformance with customer requirements and production schedules
- Provide leadership for the Quality Assurance Managers at the beef slaughter plants.
- Collaborate with Government agencies and third- and second-party auditors.
- Participate in plant management and operational meetings and industry meetings and organizations.
- Lead and develop the implementation of modernized beef inspection and pathology training programs.
- NOTE: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties to meet the organization's ongoing needs; these duties are considered marginal.