Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Search all career opportunities or use the search options below to find opportunities specific to your career interests.
CURRENT EMPLOYEES: click HERE for the Employee Career Center
View CALIHAN PORK opportunities HERE
View INTERNSHIP opportunities HERE
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Long Prairie Packing Company, LLC., an American Foods Group Company, has opportunities for a Digester Operator.
As our Digester Operator, you will:
- Identify and locate parts/part numbers from machinery or equipment manuals or parts catalogs (e.g. Cryovac, overhead chains, rail switches, conveyors, saws, etc.).
- Knowledge of and ability to perform basic welding (e.g. primarily tig; some mig and stick). Ability to identify good and bad welds.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance (e.g. grease bearings, lubricate, check fluid levels, replace filters, etc.) to ensure that machines run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Assemble, install, or repair plumbing (e.g. threading pipe), equipment or machinery to keep machines, mechanical equipment, or the structure of an establishment in repair.
- Complete necessary paperwork (PM sheets, work orders, etc.).
- Notify lead or supervisor of any malfunctions or repairs needed.
- Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot centrifugal (chopper) and positive displacement pumps.
- Knowledge of wastewater treatment, sampling, and testing procedures, including process flow.
- NOTE: this description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization; these duties are considered marginal.