Long Prairie Packing, LLC, has an opportunity for a Environmental Health and Safety Manager. The EHS Manager manages Company safety policies and procedures as well as ensures the Company is in compliance with OSHA, EPA and DNR regulations.This individual will offer new ideas while being conscientious, self-starting and striving for excellence in all areas of job responsibilities. The EHS Manager will also directly manage the health services department.
As our Environmental Health and Safety Manager, you will:
- Assurance of compliance to all regulations and standards at site.
- Primary point of contact for safety issues.
- Investigate industrial accidents and incidents.
- Follow up on significant accidents and incidents to ensure necessary changes are made in a timely manner.
- Maintain liaison with national, state, and local safety organizations and take an active role in activities of such groups.
- Maintain federal, state and local safety and environmental record keeping and permit requirements.
- Coordinate and conduct safety training to maintain compliance with federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations.
- Primary contact person for inspection conducted by local, state and federal safety and environmental enforcement agencies.
- Perform industrial hygiene monitoring as needed.
- Specify and order safety or environment equipment beyond the store’s regular purchasing items.
- Conduct regular inspections of facility, discuss findings and work with leaders to develop appropriate action plans.
- Make regular reports to the Company’s Leadership including weekly actions, monthly status, and quarterly reports.
- Assure proper regulatory recordkeeping (OSHA/EPA) in all areas and develop effective and efficient reporting mechanisms to all levels of the organization.