Location: Green Bay, WI
Rosen’s Diversified, Inc. (RDI) is a holding company of vertically integrated business units including American Foods Group, LLC; the fifth largest group of beef processing companies, a pork processing plant, a logistics division, a fleet of trucks to support those operations, an agricultural chemical company, and a supplier of critical components to the bioresearch and biomedical fields. We maintain extensive domestic operations, small international operations, and global product sales.
We are looking for a high caliper Benefits Specialist to join our Corporate RDI benefits team in an exciting fast-paced and growing company who is passionate about our mission, vision, and values. As a valued member of the team you will report to the RDI Benefits Manager and support the end to end ongoing administration of all health, disability and other welfare benefit plans including the wellness program.
As Benefits Specialist you will:
- Provide guidance and assistance to HR and Benefits administrators at our multiple locations on various employee benefit plans such as group medical, dental, vision, Life, AD&D, Family Medical Leave, Short and Long-Term Disability.
- Primary contact for AFG & RDI corporate employees in relation to benefit administrations. Includes collecting Spousal Affidavit forms during open enrollment, approving life events and work status events in Benefits Prime, entering Short-Term Disability buy-up elections and data entry of any QMCSO’s.
- Review weekly benefit eligibility and enrollment reports from TPA’s and research discrepancies as well as coordinate the resolution.
- Monitor COBRA Administration to guarantee compliance regarding all COBRA eligible members.
Monitor benefit eligibility company-wide to ensure compliance with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act as well as all other benefit compliance.
Assist Benefits Manager with Health Care Reform compliance, communications, and accurate preparation of 1095c forms and IRS filings.
Support and assist in the monthly benefit billing and reconciliation process.
Conduct auditing functions such as verifying dependents are not being covered by both parents, ensuring benefit effective dates are entered correctly, etc.
Assist with the development and delivering of communications for human resources and team members on education of our benefits programs.
Support open enrollment planning, preparation, administration, creation of educational materials and delivery of training.
Assist with Wellness Program tasks such as the coordination of the annual Live Well Program including communication materials, training of workforce to focus on increasing participation. Evaluate and propose new ways to engage employee’s in the program.
Propose programs or services which focus on other areas of employee wellbeing such as financial, emotional, family, etc. For those programs & services available or approved, assist with the development of communications to promote and increase utilization.
Develop tools to assist the organization in understanding the diversity of the organizations workforce so we can better engage the employees in their health and wellbeing.
- NOTE: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization; these duties are considered marginal.
Position: Industrial Engineer
Location: Green Bay, WI
The Industrial Engineer will be an addition to our growing Innovation Department. As a valued member of our Innovation team, you will analyze data and draft implementation plans for production process optimization, while constantly seeking out new ways to maximize efficiencies by eliminating the waste of valuable resources that directly impact our overall operating costs. Both current and historical data will be used to evaluate performance and make recommendations.
Working at American Foods Group, LLC (AFG) gives you the unique opportunity to become part of a large, growing company that maintains a down-to-earth atmosphere where the CEO knows you by name. AFG remains a family business, with a long tradition of providing quality meat and agricultural products to our customers. Over the years, we have used our ability to quickly adapt to market conditions to turn challenges into successes. Today, we have over 4,500 employees and operate the fifth largest group of beef-processing companies in the United States. Rosen’s Diversified is a place where you can develop your career to the fullest, while working in a friendly environment.
- Prepare, train, and conduct process improvement initiatives utilizing lean and continuous improvement tools.
- Develop and manage process improvements for achieving measurable efficiency, cost reduction, or performance improvement gains.
- Assist in implementing operational excellence and continuous improvement tools by teaching, training personnel, serving as support, and continuously improving the material to support company priorities.
- Collaborate with teams at all AFG locations to drive excellent implementation tools and initiatives to improve availability and performance.
- Develop efficient processes to operate machines, utilize resources, and apply information to produce a product or service.
- Develop, install, and maintain equitable standards to drive plant KPIs and achieve plant goals by establishing the format to be used in the development of standards data, crewing guides, reconciliation reports, and work-sampling techniques to resolve operator utilization or performance questions.
- Measure variances to standards, identify out-of-control variances, investigate reasons, and suggest solutions, installs, and follow-up.
- Assist in financial planning and cost analysis. (labor reporting and cost to produce analysis)
- Use data to suggest plans to help GOP increase its productivity.
- Design layout of equipment and workspace, create sample procedures and designs, and rearrange org charts, material flow, and operations sequence to evaluate effects of product design change.
Please Note: this description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization; these duties are considered marginal.