Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Search all career opportunities or use the search options below to find opportunities specific to your career interests.
CURRENT EMPLOYEES: click HERE for the Employee Career Center
View CALIHAN PORK opportunities HERE
View INTERNSHIP opportunities HERE
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
American Foods Group, LLC has a unique opportunity for a Project Controls Engineer.
This Project Controls Engineer is a key member of the project build team for development and construction of the company’s new facility in Warren County, MO. The role is responsible for project controls related to the construction budget and construction schedule. The position serves as gatekeeper to the schedule and oversees the use/updating of the construction management software used for project management. The position works closely with the general contractor project team as well as company project team members to ensure alignment with the overall project schedule. The position provides input/feedback to project leadership and the project finance team to ensure project invoicing is in line with actual work completion.
As Project Controls Engineer you will:
- Provide leadership to the project team in cost control, scheduling, and cost forecasting.
- Provide subject matter expertise in budgeting and scheduling areas of the project through use of existing methodologies and software tools.
- Ensure design and construction activities align with total cost of ownership methodologies.
- Support project scope development, initial costing of project, and negotiation through the bid process.
- Work with project controller for budget updates and utilization resource scheduling.
- Coordinate with outside engineering firms on design of facility.
- With the project team, work with local and state agencies through permitting process for new facility.
- Identify and recommend potential process improvements to construction practices along with potential process improvements to the facility’s operation.
- Lead development of scheduling and provide on-going oversight of project schedule for AFG vendors and general contractor.
- Lead change management processes for scope or schedule changes for budget/cost control.
- Work with construction manager(s) to communicate budget and schedule status to overall project team members.
- Work with project team members in development of construction contracts and scope of work development.
- Work with AFG vendors in development of project schedules for integration into master project schedule.
- Work with project team and operations team to develop commissioning and startup plans for project.
- Work with corporate engineering team to ensure equipment and construction practices are in alignment with corporate standards for construction.
- Help project team ensure contractors are performing work in accordance with all safety guidelines for American Foods Group and OSHA requirements.
- NOTE: this description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization; these duties are considered marginal.