Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Search all career opportunities or use the search options below to find opportunities specific to your career interests.
CURRENT EMPLOYEES: click HERE for the Employee Career Center
View CALIHAN PORK opportunities HERE
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Long Prairie Packing Company LLC, an American Foods Group Company has an opportunity for a Maintenance Mechanic II.
As Maintenance Mechanic II, you will:
- Perform tig, stick, mig welding.
- Perform intermediate plumbing (e.g. install and maintain piping).
- Identify and locate parts/part numbers from machinery or equipment manuals or parts catalogs (e.g. Cryovac, overhead chains, rail switches, conveyors, saws, etc.)
- Perform routine preventive maintenance (e.g. grease bearings, lubricate, check fluid levels, replace filters, etc.) to ensure that machines run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Assemble, install or repair plumbing (e.g. threading pipe), equipment or machinery to keep machines, mechanical equipment, or the structure of an establishment in repair.
- Perform basic forklift maintenance.
- Perform basic hydraulics.
- Complete necessary paperwork (PM sheets, work orders, etc.).
- Assist in performing maintenance on scale equipment (e.g. portable, floor, and matrix hot/cold) in applicable areas.
- Notify lead or supervisor of any malfunctions or repairs needed.
- NOTE: this description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization; these duties are considered marginal.