Location: Midwest Express (Grand Island, NE)
Internship Dates: Full Time for approximately 12 weeks (May - August 2022)
As a Transportation and Logistics Intern, you will:
- Assume responsibility for load planning, optimization, and scheduling of all loads.
- Proactively work with team members to solve for service failures through relays or planning changes to exhaust all efforts of operations to execute at the lowest possible cost.
- Pivotal link between Load Planner, Driver Managers (customer service and backhaul planning), Drivers, Maintenance, Safety, Payroll, Accounting and Human Resources.
- Assign loads to trucks, following the company’s policy on planning requirements.
- Process delay in transit messages for all loads and proactively communicate delays to customers on backhaul freight.
- Respond to customer and operational needs by answering e-mails, phone calls, tracking shipments, and recovering shipments to service our customers.
- Monitor KPI’s and provide solutions for continuous improvement.
- NOTE: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization; these duties are considered marginal.