As a Load Planner / Freight Broker for America’s Logistics, LLC, you will be instrumental in streamlining all aspects of the freight transportation process for our drivers and partner carriers. In this job, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring all the freight from American Foods Group, LLC processing facilities are covered by America’s Service Line, LLC and partner carriers.
As Load Planner / Freight Broker, you will:
- Assume responsibility for load planning, optimization, and scheduling of all loads, focusing on all plant & cold storage facilities loads.
- Be a pivotal link between our Transportation Supervisor and Driver Managers, utilizing carriers to cover all freight for American Foods Group and reporting all inbound equipment to the proper area planner.
- Respond to customer and operational needs by answering e-mails, phone calls, tracking shipments, and moving shipments
- Prepare reports for internal distribution
- Provide load exception investigation and reporting
- Utilize customer or consignee website for appointments
- Coordinate with driver managers to ensure on-time delivery by estimating times of arrival and delivery and recovering loads when necessary
- Provide coverage for other team members when out of office
- Maintain working relationships with customers and co-workers to facilitate the functions of transportation
- Ensure maximum utilization of all outside carriers for four locations